Business Plan Format
Writing a Business Plan
We prefer business plans that are informative, yet concise. A presentation 15-20 slides in length, adhering to the following format, is all that is necessary.
Use How To Make Awesome Diagrams guideline when creating your slides.
- Define the organization in a single declarative sentence.
- Describe the customer’s pain points
- Outline how the customer addresses the issue today.
- Illustrate how your value proposition eliminates the customer’s pains
- Show the selling location of your product
- Provide examples of your product in use
- Show the history of your product category
- Identify relevant trends that make your solution possible.
- Profile your target market
- Provide calculations for the TAM (Total Available Market), SAM (Serviceable Available Market) and SOM (Serviceable Obtainable Market)
- Identify competitors
- Identify competitive advantages
- Explain product line-up (form factor, functionality, features, architecture, intellectual property)
- Explain development roadmap
- Revenue model
- Pricing strategy
- Lifetime value of an average customer
- Sales & distribution model
- Projected customer pipeline
- List founders and management team
- List board of directors/advisors
- Projected profit and loss statement
- Projected balance sheet
- Projected cash flow statement
- Proposed cap table
*Ideas adapted from Sequoia Capital.